Here at Bhaktivedanta Manor we are looking for a confident and keen Secretary to join a robust and dynamic team with skills of excellence.
The Secretary will serve with the BMF team and provide secretarial administration and other office related functioning. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their service load and prioritising tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Handle BMF phone exchange
- Deals with BMF related mail/Email
- Supervises proper recording of all donations received; daily Reception donations, donations from the post, all festival related donations, BMF Sankirtan related donations, donations related to major projects at Bhaktivedanta Manor, BACS/Standing Order/Direct Debit related donations i.e. Patrons, Sevaks and the project collections at Bhaktivedanta Manor.
- Producing regular reports relating to Patrons, Sevaks and other major projects
- Dealing with life membership enquiries and all life membership related administration i.e. Patrons’ missing payments/cancellation, adjustments, making and renewal of Life Membership Passports, etc.
- Booking of accommodation for Patrons and close contacts visiting abroad mainly in India
- Assisting with Inland Revenue Audits.
- Actively involved in all major festivals conducted by Bhaktivedanta Manor.
- Personal Assistant to the Senior Manager
- Sending out birthday cards/ Prasad on a regular basis
- Managing Nitya Seva/ sending Nityaseva reminders
- Managing office, cleanliness, ordering of printing of office related stationeries ie. letterhead, complimentary slips, receipt books, etc.
- Attending department meetings and congregation related meetings (taking minutes of these meetings)
Minimum performance Standards for Key Responsibilities
- Timely banking of all funds
- Assisting with monthly BMF reports
- Daily acceptance of Janmashtami and Diwali mail out donations
- Expenditure control – monthly receipts + VAT calculations.
- Managing confidentiality
Location: Hare Krishna Temple, Bhaktivedanta Manor, Hilfield Lane, Watford WD25 8EZ
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Fluency in financial matters and experience in Secretarial and other PA skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Has good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and understanding of data systems.
- Preaching skills, Salesperson skills, being able to work with a team
- General Touch typing and IT skills
- A good standard of verbal and written communication
- Trustworthy and willing to dedicate time when needed.
- Friendly in nature as will be working with volunteers and meeting a variety of people.
- knowledge in Gujrati and Hindi will be a bonus
If you are up for the challenge, get in touch by 09th September 2022.