Here at Bhaktivedanta Manor we are looking for a confident and keen Secretary to join a robust and dynamic team with skills of excellence.
The HR Secretary duties involve a wide range of support activities from coordinating meetings to maintaining employee database to posting job adverts. An important part of this role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. The HR Secretary will also assist in creating policies, processes and documents
- To oversee the day to day operations of HR functions.
- Managing the entire recruitment process starting from posting job adverts, receiving applications, organising interviews and administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter checklist etc.
- Facilitate initial orientation to newly hired employees.
- Maintain the youmanage system and record all absences and holidays as well as communicate regularly with Department heads to use it efficiently.
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
- Keep up to date with the employment laws and new strategies with the help of EW advisors.
- Attend trainings and continually have good understanding of company policies and keep employee handbook current.
- File all employee records and other important documents.
- Conduct appraisals.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, overtime, etc)
- Overseeing training and development of employees.
- Handling highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way.
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures.
- Handle disciplinary process along with Senior Management.
- Coordinate with Devotee care department to organize Ishtagoshtis for staff and residents.
- Take minutes of 2 meetings; Temple Council and Senior Management.
- Deal with any requests for letters
- Deal with requests for booking meeting rooms.
- Manage DBS applications for employees and volunteers in the Aarons department.
- Responding to emails and calls in a timely manner.
- Regular upkeep of the offices and ordering stationery.
- HR and Secretarial experience preferred but not necessary
- Has good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and email.
- General Touch typing and IT skills
- A good standard of verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually
Location: Hare Krishna Temple, Bhaktivedanta Manor, Hilfield Lane, Watford WD25 8EZ
Hours: 30 hours and 5 days per week
If you are up for the challenge, get in touch by 30 November 2023.