As a retail manager your primary responsibility is overseeing the daily operations of Bhaktivedanta Manors gift shop making sure it runs smoothly and effectively. The gift shop offers a range of sacred gift items from Japa beads to inspirational books on yoga, healthy living, and a conscious lifestyle.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter to join the team; the ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and a proven track record within retail and people management skills.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and motivate the shop assistants and volunteers
- Set the Rota for staff and volunteers to man the gift shop
- Oversee all training for staff and volunteers
- Inventory management and top seller analysis
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow process for stock management and any digital systems in place (e.g. shopify)
- Work with warehouse manager to manage inventory, replenishment and stock transfer between warehouse and gift shop
- Ensure the shop is clean and tidy at all times
- MUST work well with volunteers in shop and warehouse, to provide a helpful and supportive service environment.
- Expected to work during busy festival periods at the temple
Expected to manage the store effectively over weekends and at busy opening times, ensure the gift shop is well managed, has good stock availability and is properly staffed at all times but in particular during these busy periods.
Expected to take the initiative to support the wider team at the warehouse and online orders when required, providing customer feedback and insight on sales would be a valued skill.
Location: Hare Krishna Temple, Bhaktivedanta Manor, Hilfield Lane, Watford WD25 8EZ
Hours: 35 hours per week (includes weekends and festival period)
Closing Date: 10 November 2023
If you are up for the challenge, get in touch with us with your CV and a covering letter.