Every December ISKCON devotees around the world make a special effort to distribute Srila Prabhupada’s books as widely as possible, for the spiritual benefit of society.
Highlights of the Manor’s Winter Book Marathon included:
– A Live to Give Seminar before the Marathon facilitated by Vaisesika das, attended by over 150 devotees.
– Over 370 devotees took part from the Manor community, including 125 children.
– Books were distributed in all kinds of ways: door to door, shop to shop, supermarket to supermarket, on the high streets, book tables, to schools, businesses, prisons, care homes, hospitals and libraries.
– 5 sangha groups, including a deaf sangha, four mentee groups and two Bhakti Vriksha groups participated.
– Sacred Street Party covered five towns
– The Gita project also placed many books in various organisations.
– More than 3000 packets of cookie prasadam were distributed.
– Travelling Sankirtana Party, headed by Sutapa Das, Antaranga Das and Gurushakti Dasi visited over the high streets of 25 towns across the UK.
– One of the unique features of this Marathon was distribution of Sapatah Rishi pack entitled “Inner Yoga Pack” and “The dharma pack”. This pack included 7 books. Devotees distributed over 850 such packs over the month.
A total of 53,155 of Srila Prabhupada’s books of all sizes were distributed by devotees from the Manor community. Including all ISKCON temples in the UK, the total was 119,785!
Divya Nama das, the head of Bhaktivedanta Manor’s book distribution initiative, wrote:
“Srila Prabhupada we hope that you are pleased with the efforts of devotees who came together this Marathon for one purpose which is to full fill your and Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s desire to expand the Sankirtan movement unlimitedly. We would like to thank all the devotees who participated in this month long sankirtan yajna for the pleasure of Lord Caitanya and Srila Prabhupada and specially those devotees who joined in for the first time in this Book Marathon…”