The annual Winter Book Distribution Marathon is always an important time for Bhaktivedanta Manor, and indeed ISKCON as a whole. It’s a time when many devotees from across the community defy many odds and distribute Srila Prabhupada’s books to the interested public. With the coldest winter we have seen for a while, accompanied with a blanket of snow, it was sometimes a challenge! However, no less than 290 devotees threw on their jackets and bravely took to the streets to disseminate spiritual knowledge for the betterment of society.
The profound teachings of Krishna Consciousness have been distributed in many ways, including: –
– Travelling parties, visiting high streets around the country
– Mini ‘street festivals’ with book tables accompanied by sit-down kirtans
– Superstore Sankirtan (Book tables in supermarkets)
– Go-Matsya (Srimad Bhagavatam set distribution)
– Gita Jayanti at the Manor (celebrating the advent of Krishna speaking the Gita)
– Bhakti Vriksha (congregational) Teams
– Book sales at the Manor itself
The results of the Winter Marathon will be revealed next month!